Create a Book Buzz!

Some time before next Tuesday (Oct 28), please create a BOOK BUZZ for a book that you have read over the summer or this year. Remember to include the TITLE and the AUTHOR (look up the book if you aren’t sure). You should include a brief summary and then add in why the book is irresistible. Remember to connect the book to other books. See my example comment if you are stuck. πŸ™‚

27 thoughts on “Create a Book Buzz!

1. I am reading Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass. I would recommend it to you if you like books with different peoples perspective and a book with surprises. The main plot of the book is that there a three different kids who have nothing alike. Ally lives in the middle of nowhere at a campground. She likes the simple things in life, star gazing and labyrinths. Bree is a popular and gorgeous girl. When her parents tell her some big news everything changes in her life. Jack is an overweight awkward kid who gets invited by his science teacher to go on a trip at Ally’s campground with many other people for an experiment. All three kids end up all coming together. This book is amazing because it is full of surprises.

2. I read Tales From the Odyssey by Mary Pope Osborne over the summer. It is one out of a series of the Odyssey. I would recommend it to you if you like adventure and fantasy. Basically Odysseus gets sent to win back Agamemnon’s wife Helen. They win her back but Odysseus and his crew can’t get back. This book is amazing and I could never put it down. I definitely loved it.

3. I have read the Son Of Neptune and if you like the Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan series you’ll most likely like it. Ii recommend it to you if you leek adventure. It is basically about Percy Jackson and his mind has been wiped out and is try ing to get his memory back. I really loved it

4. If you liked A Tale Dark and Grimm you would like The Land Of Stories By Chris Colfer. The book is about to twins who fall into a book of fairy tales and go on a quest to get home. The book is funny. The twins fight a lot, and they find some interesting friends. It is irresistible because you are always at the edge of your seat.

5. If you liked the book kickoff I think you will like the book Jackie and Me by Dan Gupman. It is really exciting. It is about a kids with magic baseball powers. It has real parts and made up parts.

6. I read a book called Because of Mr Terupt. If you liked the book Wonder then this is a really good book. Each chapter is about different perspectives of Mr. Terupts students. Its about how the students are a little uncomfortable with each other at first but Mr. Terupt changes that. It also has crazy assignment that Mr. Terupt assigned. Its about how they all work together in the end and Mr. Terupt made that all happen.Its irresistible because its very suspenseful and you’ll never want it to end.

7. I am reading a book in a series called The Mysterious Benedict Society and it is about the adventures of four kids that are about our age, Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and the very grumpy Constance. They go on mission to stop Mr. Curtain and the dark. I’ll let you find out the rest!

8. Personally I think that wonder struck is the best nook ever made, but obviously to you guys it might not be. Wonderstruck is not a book about Taylor swifts perfume. It is about friendship, adventure,family. If you like books that have a lot of pictures you will also really like the book. Wonderstruck can be real sad so if can put up with that go ahead and read it. Hope you enjoy it if you do read itπŸ˜›

9. I started reading on in the book ” A Tale Dark And Grimm” and I love it so far ( as you know the ather is Adam Gidwits) . I wanted to make a book buzz for this book beacause I would love to have a conversation about this book with more people them the 2 people I’ve heard from . So I would love if you kept reading and find out what happens next in the town of Grimm!πŸ˜„

10. One book I read over the summer was the Alchemyst by Michael Scott. This book is about two 15 year old twins named Josh and Sophie who find out the terrible truth about their lives. Exceedingly well written this riveting fantasy leaves you wondering what will happen next.

11. If you liked the book the report card you definitely like No Talking by Andrew Clements it is a very good book and filled with humor I hoped you liked it as much as I did

12. I read the Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan . It is super action packed. If you like the Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan you will definitely like this book. It is all about how a boy when he came of age to do a job he wanted to be a soldier in the army. This book is all about what happens when he gets chosen and what happens afterward. It is really exciting!

13. If you like spy stories than you will like Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz. It is about a teenage boy who gets recruted by MI6, which is a British spy group. Alex gets sent on missions to figure out who is behind the schemes and tell MI6 what the bad guys are planing. I hope you like this series as much as i did.

14. If you like adventure/thriller/action you will love Grimms complete fairy tales by the brothers Grimm.If you like Andrew Gidwitz this is more intense version of his books.Its about the classic fairy tales but the real violent version.

15. I am reading The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner. I’ve read the first book called The Maze Runner and I’m now reading The Scorch Trials. It is a really good book and I think you will enjoy it very much when you read it. And if you like books that are like Percy Jackson, then you might like this book. And even though it has some scary and sad parts, it is still a fun book.

16. My book is called A Tale Dark And Grimm by Adam Gidwitz. This book is the first in it’s series. It is about the Hansel and Gretel fairy tales but it is the regular grim fairy tales. But he adds funny jokes in them to make them not as scary. I like this book because it is kind of a cliff hanger. I hope you like them as much as I do.

17. If you like adventure books you will like the book Holes by Louis Sachar. It is about a boy who was sent to camp green lake where all the boys dig holes in the ground to build character. It is a boys detention center. His family cursed and Stanley is wrongly acused of stealing if he tries to escape he will die of thirst. It is very hard to put down because itis so exciting!

18. If you like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, then you would like The Lost Hero, the first book of the Heroes of Olympus series. I think that this would be a perfect fit because The Lost Hero is by the same author, the book is full of surprises, and it is super funny. The Lost Hero is about a boy named Jason, a girl named Piper, and a boy named Leo and they all go on an action-packed thrill ride of an adventure with hidden secrets and twists and turns that won’t let the reader put the book down. One excerpt from the book is: “His neck tingled. He turned slowly. At the edge of the pit, fifty feet away, two glowing red eyes were staring at him. The creature gleamed in the moonlight, and Leo couldn’t believe something that huge could sneak up on him that fast. Too late, he realized its gaze was fixed on the fire in his hand, and he extinguished the flames.” I loved this book because the characters were so intriguing, the plot was exciting, and the reader truly can understand what is happening and still be on the edge of their seat.

19. At the beginning of the school year, I read an amazing book called Holes. If you are a person who likes adventure books or books that are like “Oh my gosh what’s going to happen next?” Or like, “are they going to die? They’re going to die, aren’t they.”, then you will love this book. This book is about a boy in his teens who “does” something bad and goes to a camp in the middle of nowhere and has to dig holes for a year and a half. The end to this book is very surprising and fun. There is a movie based off of this book and I recommend watching it after you read the book.

20. I really liked wings of fire book 4. I recommend the series. If you you like animal tribe fighting books you should read it. It is about 5 dragons trying to stop a war. It is by Tui t Sutherland.

21. This weekend I read a book called A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz. He writes amazing books. Adam Gidwtz puts a narrator in his books that is very funny. In the first book A Tale Dark and Grimm Adam Gidwitz writes about twins a boy named Hansel and a girl named Gretel who run away from home and venture through different Grimm fairy tales and encounter obstacles that make this an intense and gruesome read. If you like this you will like Michel Buckley’s Sisters Grimm series. I hope you like this book as much as I did

22. I read the book called “The Hunger Games” , and it is written by Susane Collins. It is an irresistible book because it has action, and adventure. So if you like that kind of book, I suggest you read it. Hope you like it!

23. Over the summer, I read Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordion. It had action and so much adventure, and Greek myths all having to do in modern times. It’s about a boy and his friends who are trying to save the world from the evil Titan Chronos and his army. Only Camp Half Blood can save them and their secret weapon is Percy. They have to stop Chronos from destroying Olympus, otherwise the gods will fade. The book is irresistible because there is a lot of sword fighting and explosions and monsters. I would recommend this book to Tate Whitmer because I know he would like it. I liked this one the best of the series because it was a huge war. I was waiting for it to end in some great way and it did.

24. For my second Book Buzz, I will be recommending The Hunger Games trilogy. I’m sure most of you know what it’s about, but for those who don’t, it’s about a society that is split up into 12 Districts, District one is the most modern with all the food and gadgets they want, and twelve is the poorest, they have to trade and hunt for food, trying not to starve to death. Kinda brutal, but it gets better. Katniss Everdeen’s (a person from District 12) little sister Prim is chosen to be in The Hunger Games, where you fight for your life until there is one last tribute. Katniss was very protective over her little sister, and volenteered as tribute. It is a very exciting book and you’re always on the edge of your seat.

25. For my first Book Buzz, I’m going to recommend (more geared toward the girls) Each Little Bird That Sings. It’s about how a girl lives in a funeral home, a home where a family dwells, but they all pitch in and work somehow for a person that died’s funeral, in their area, of course. This girl’s name is Comfort, and she shares her story of her life and how life can be sad, it can be really fun, it can be amazing, but you have to get out of your closet and notice life for all of that to happen.