5th Grade Hike!

How was the 5th grade hike? What was your favorite part? Did anything surprise you? Did anything make you laugh? Did you see anything unexpected? Did you learn anything new? Is there anything you would have changed or done differently if you could do it again?

Pick at least 3 questions & respond to them. 🙂

23 thoughts on “5th Grade Hike!

1. I liked the place where we had snack where you could see almost all the waterfalls. I also liked it when we climbed up the rocks, but I hated all the yellow jackets. The last thing I liked was the lizard, Jeffery.

2. Hi Mrs. Mackey! The hike was super fun! My favorite part of the hike was when we climbed up the side of a small mountain. The view was beautiful! Two things I would have changed are that:
    1: That Mrs. Mackey would have gone with us
    and…
    2:That Mr. Fleming would not have fallen.
    Otherwise, the hike would have been perfect!

3. I loved the fith grade hike. My favorite part was climbing the big cliff. It was funny when we started singing songs. The A trail I think was the best part.

4. I really enjoyed the hike. My favorite part was the rock scrambling. When I saw purple quartz, I was really surprised I hadn’t seen purple quartz before. Overall it was really fun and exhilirating.

5. My favorite part was when we had to climb straight up the rock cliff. Something that surprised me was that I found seashells on the trail. I thought that was really cool. I learned that next time I go on a long hike, I should pack more food and drink!

6. I would like to do a different trail because they all looked really fun. My favorite part was getting lost. I was surprised there was climbing.

7. It was great, but sometimes very challenging. My favorite part was the easier rock climbing at the beginning. NOT the hard. It surprised me by how hard it was. I saw a lizard. Next time if I were to do it again, I will try not to be scared of the hard parts.

8. I thought the hike was very enjoyable. What surprised me was how fast the rapids were at the beginning of the hike. Also what surprised me was all the creeks we saw. The thing that was unexpected was the little beach and all the little cliffs because I thought there would only be small rocks and I definitely was not expecting a little beach on a rocky hike. I would not have done anything differently. Overall I loved the hike so much. I wished I could do the hike again with everyone.

9. I think something that really surprised me was the amazing views. I knew they were going to be great, but they definitely surpassed my expectations. Something I could be better about next time would have to be being more aware of my surroundings. I tripped a couple times, which was a little funny, but I would have been more aware. In conclusion, it was an amazing experience, and I would love to go again.

10. My favorite part of the fifth grade hike was when we went up the cliff! Something that surprised me was how many puddles there were even though it was very hot. I thought the hike was very fun and I wouldn’t change anything if I could do it again.

11. I loved the 5th grade hike because it had wonderful views while there were challenging hiking places. I would have changed that Mrs. Mackey would have came. My favorite part was climbing up a rocky ledge.

12. The fifth grade hike was the best field trip/hike ever! My favorite part was when we had to climb that small clif thingy. Something that I would do differently is that I would do it fifty more times! 😉

13. The 5th grade hike was the best field trip I have ever had in all the schools I have been to. My favorite part is when we climbed the really steep hill. One thing I saw that was unexpected was a lizard at the lunchtime. 🙂

14. The 5th grade hike was awesome! My favorite part of the hike was the more challenging parts. I was surprised that hiking was that fun because it was my first time hiking. Nothing made me laugh.

15. I thought the 5th grade hike was very fun and that it was one of my favorite field trips I’ve ever had! My favorite part was when we climbed the small mountain and I wished that we could climb anothor mountain during the hike. Sadly we didn’t. But I was suprised when my foot fell in the water while we were hiking and when I just slid off the rock, completely unexcpected.

16. The 5th grade hike was really fun! My favorite part was when we climbed the cliff. I was not expecting the hike to be as difficult as it was. I learned that the Billy Goat Trail “A” was something that was worth doing, and wasn’t just a really easy hike.

17. The 5th grade hike was awesome and adventourous. At the begining I was so scared, but my friends comforted me. My favorite part of the hike was when I was climbing the HUGE rocks. At one point I slipped on a rock and everyone said OH, SOFIA! I was totally fine because when I slipped, it felt like I was sliding down a slide. The thing that suprised me most was the water and the veiw. At some points of the hike, the water was so strong and fast, but at other parts of the hike the water was calm, silent, and still. Oh but the veiw, the veiw was something else. I could see the river so far down below, I saw birds flying and soaring in the sky, I smelled the fresh air and I think that this hike is the best hike I have ever had in my whole life.

18. The fith grade hike was really fun. My favorite part was when we went up a huge wall, but it was kinda like stairs. It surprised me when me and Davis got lost for about five minutes. Tt made me laugh when Bryan crossed over the log instead of the bridge. I did not see anthing unexpected, but I did learn when you are eating on the trail, don’t leave food out or the bees will get it :).

19. The 5th grade hike is my favorite field trip ever! My favorite part was scrambling up the very steep slope and hiking with my friends. I was suprised at how much scenery there was there. I thought there would only be water falls! The scariest part was when I almost fell several feet into a pool of water surronded by rock. If I could do it again, I would have been a little less adventurous because I fell a lot 🙂

20. One of the unexpected things I saw on the hike was the guy on the hammock playing the harmonica. If I changed anything I would have focused more on the scenery. My favorite part was whenever we went on the rock scrambling parts. It was really fun.:)